The team at DMAI comprises of the board of directors and the Global Advisory board to define the road map, shape the strategy , give direction and direct the implementation of the agenda & program for DMAI. The board of directors and the advisory board comprises of the top notch corporate leaders with a wide range of experience from across the globe.
Hon. Chairperson : Tracey Moorhead
Tracey Moorhead is the Honorary Chairperson of DMAI. Tracey Moorhead is President and Chief Executive Officer of DMAA: The Care Continuum Alliance. DMAA convenes all stakeholders providing services along the care continuum toward the goal of population health improvement. These care continuum services include strategies such as health and wellness promotion, disease management and care coordination. Based in Washington, D.C., DMAA represents more than 200 corporate and individual members in promoting the role of population health improvement to raise the quality of care, improve health outcomes and reduce preventable health care costs for people with chronic conditions and those at risk for developing chronic conditions.
Ms. Moorhead is recognized as a leading health care advocate with considerable experience in public policy and coalition management. She effectively directs policy formulation and strategic advocacy efforts, as well as represents the disease management community before the media, allied organizations and constituents, and all levels of government.
Ms. Moorhead previously served as Executive Director of the Alliance to Improve Medicare (AIM), a bipartisan coalition advocating comprehensive Medicare improvements. AIM supported enactment of the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement and Modernization Act of 2003. As AIM's Executive Director, Ms. Moorhead coordinated and moderated educational and policy briefings for congressional staff; directed AIM's policy research, development and communications efforts; and developed grassroots programs in conjunction with AIM member organizations.
In addition to her role with AIM, Ms.Moorhead served as Vice President, Government Relations, for the Healthcare Leadership Council (HLC). In this role, she coordinated a nationwide, multi-million dollar grassroots outreach campaign to senior citizens and partner organizations to increase awareness and participation in new Medicare benefits.
Ms. Moorhead brings to DMAI her rich international experience in healthcare and will provide the much needed thought leadership to DMAI.
President : Rajendra Pratap Gupta
Rajendra is a versatile leader recognized for his contribution in diverse fields including Healthcare, Retail, and Rural Economy & Public Policy.
Rajendra has worked for Fortune 20 & 500 Co’s as a CEO / COO in India & holds a unique distinction of having the fastest rise in the corporate world. He became the COO in 7th year, a board member in 8th year, CEO in the 9th year & Vice Chairman in the 10th year of starting his career.
Rajendra was featured as amongst the ‘Top 10 Healthcare Leaders of the Decade’ by a leading magazine in S-E Asia & was recognized amongst the top 15 thinkers in the world. In 2012, Rajendra was conferred the 'Global Healthcare Leader of the Year' award by the Sheriff of Los Angeles, USA & ‘Thought Leader of the Year’ by ICT Post.
In 2012, Rajendra was nominated and ratified by IBC as 'LEADING HEALTH PROFESSIONALS of the WORLD 2012' for making significant enough contribution in the field to engender influence on a local, national or international basis and making a difference Rajendra is helping some of the world’s largest Co’s to reach the next level of growth by identifying new business opportunities and aligning their teams to succeed in India & GCC. He is also a much sought after speaker & a writer Rajendra has been invited to share his views on Retail, healthcare and public policy by various government bodies in India like The Planning Commission, Govt. of India, Ministry of Health, & international organizations like the United Nations, WHO & the World Economic Forum. He is on the World Economic Forum's Global Agenda Council - Digital Health, and also on Panel of experts of US - India Science & Technology Endowment Fund Rajendra is often consulted on key policy issues by the Government & the opposition party. Currently, Rajendra divides his time between consulting large corporations in Healthcare & Retail, & helping policy makers in ideating innovations and executing them.
He is a graudate in science and social science, and has done his short term Executive Education from IIM-Ahmedabad, Harvard Business School and Kellogg School of Management
Director: Girish Rao
Girish Rao, Managing Director & CEO, Nova Medical Centers Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore.
Mr. Girish Rao has total experience of 21 years and spent most of his career in Sales and Marketing functions across industries. Mr. Girish Rao’s experience includes domestic and international assignments in industries spanning consumer durables,telecom and web enabled services.
He co-founded TTK Healthcare Services Private Limited (TTK HCS) in 2002 perceiving the potential of India’s healthcare insurance sector in India. As a founder CEO of TTK Healthcare Services Pvt. Ltd., he has been instrumental in building it into India’s leading Third Party Administrator (TPA) servicing leading public and private sector insurance companies. This Company is now successfully transitioned as a joint venture with Swiss Reinsurance Company.
He headed Swiss Re’s Health initiative in Asia as Managing Director, Strategic Development – Health, Asia.
He is currently heading Nova Medical Centers Pvt. Ltd. Nova Medical Center offers world-class Day Care Surgical procedures with the focus on minimally invasive surgeries and a state-of-the-art technology and equipment, and adheres to global standards.
Member on other Board / Committees
- He was a Member of the Health Advisory Board of British Telecom in FY 2008.
- He is a founder member of Self Insurance Institute of America’s (SIIA) - The committee is specifically dedicated to providing focused education and special services to the international self-insured market.
- He is member of CII Working Group on Health Insurance “Policy and Standars” and leads “Provider Network Management” stream.
- He was Co-chairperson of ‘Payor and Provider Group’ constituted by CII at CII Health Insurance Summit 2008.
- He was member of the Health Insurance Sub Group as well as the Group on Rural Health Insurance constituted by Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA), Regulatory body in India.
- He was also on the panel of Sub Commission of National Commission on Macroeconomics and Health (NCMH), Govt. of India.
- He was a member of CII - Core Group of Health Insurance Summit 2007 and CII South Region Healthcare Sub-committee 2007-08.
He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and Masters in Management Studies.
Secretary : Dr Nikhil Damodar Datar
Dr Nikhil Damodar Datar MD, DNB, FICOG, FCPS, LLB, DGO, DHA, PGDMLS
- Consultant gynaecologist at Dr Balabhai Nanawati Hospital,Mumbai( A post graduate teaching hospital affiliated with National Board of Examinations India)
- Assistant honorary gynaecologist & post graduate teacher at the R N Cooper Municipal Hospital,Mumbai (A postgraduate teaching institute affiliated with Seth G S Medical college )
- Chief Gynaecologist and Director : Datar Nursing home (Malad) and Yashada surgical nursing home at Goregaon
- Awarded fellowship by American Austrian Foundation and invited by the International Federation of health and human rights Organizations at Austria for consultation conference on reproductive rights. (27.11.2010-04.12.2010)
- Awarded the Prestigious "Commonwealth Professional Fellowship by the Commonwealth Secretariat of United Kingdom to pursue Millennium development goals of WHO. He worked on "patient safety" at WHO & UK for three months.(nov 2009-march 2010)
- Recepient of "Mehman E Watan" award from Sindh Government Pakistan
- DR B N Purandare gold medal award for standing first at DGO examination.
- Dr Dastur’s gold medal award for highest marks at postgraduate examination.
- Fought as a “petitioner” with his patient Mrs Niketa Mehta challenging the provisions of MTP Act 1971 at the Bombay High court.
- Currently fighting in the Supreme court for the right of abortion when pregnancy is diagnosed to have severe abnormalities .
- Currently working on “ SAFE kit” with “ CEHAT” to improve evidence collection in rape victims.
- Was a Government delegate for Maharashtra and represented health sector at the SAFMA conference ( under auspices of SAARC)
- Currently appointed on technical committee by the Government of Maharashtra to overlook the Bombay Nursing home registration Act.
- Editor of the books "Smart doc" and " Docusmart " published by Association of medical consultants.
- President and the founder member of the "Association of Fellow Gynaecologists".
- Chairman of medico-legal cell of Association of medical consultants.
- National Coordinator . Medicolegal cell Federation of Obstetricinas & Gynaecological societies of India.
Director : Col.(Retd.) Satnam Singh (M.A., PGDPM, M.B.A.)
Satnam Singh served the army for 27 years at various levels of command. Also served Haffkine Bio-Pharma Corp. Ltd. (Govt. Undertaking), producing life saving drugs, for 6 years from 19990 to 1996 as in Charge Administration , and has been working as Working as Executive Director, National Kidney Foundation, since 1997.
Awards :Got best performance awards from Governor, continuously for three years at State level. Won various awards, appreciations & recognition in the field of studies, sports & on-job performance. Had the privilege of chairing/co-chairing sessions, giving talks at International levels. Had the opportunity of visiting Istanbul, Cappadocia (Turkey), Los Angeles (USA), Prague (Czech Republic), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Berlin (Germany), Adelaide, Melbourne (Australia), Auckland, Christchurch (New Zealand), Singapore, Dublin (Ireland) and Sicily (Italy).
Chinmaya Chigateri (Consultant Healthcare Domain)
Consultant and Medical Domain Expert at iLogy Healthcare Solutions
April 2011 - Present (9 months)
- Manuscript development and medical research
- Medical content development for in-house publications.
- Business development activity in sourcing projects, creating media partnerships for academic and commercial conferences and client relations and management.
Domain Expert at Yos Technologies Private Limited
November 2010 - April 2011 (6 months)
- Medical domain technical assistance for product development.
- Business development and advocacy activity for potential customers.
- Advisor on road map and strategy.
Public Health Consultant - HIV and Infectious Diseases at Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences
October 2009 - April 2011 (1 year 7 months)
- Epidemiological and laboratory based research
- Complete management of the KIMS HIV/AIDS Program including preparation of RFPs, human resource management, budgeting and drug procurement and logistics.
- Consulting services to develop an advanced HIV testing laboratory
- Work closely in conjunction with National AIDS Control Organisation of India, Karnataka Health Promotion Trust, a beneficiary of USAID and the State AIDS Prevention Society of the Government of Karnataka for executing public health and capacity building projects in the area of HIV/AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
The University of Western Australia
MS, Infectious Diseases, 2007 - 2009
Dr Sanjeev K Chaudhry
Sanjeev Dr. Sanjeev K Chaudhry Chief Executive Officer Super Religare Laboratories Limited D-3,Religare Building, Saket District Centre New Delhi- 110017 India
Dr. Sanjeev K. Chaudhry is the Chief Executive Officer of SRL Limited and Chairman of CSC Nutrigenomics Pte Limited, Singapore. He also serves on the Board of Directors of several companies in India and abroad. He has a Ph.D in Business Administration from Columbia University, United States and holds a university record for Masters in Economics at Punjab University, Chandigarh.
Dr. Chaudhry has lived and worked in India, Malaysia, Singapore, UK and USA. He is a visiting faculty to several leading management institutes and universities around the world. He writes guest columns for magazines and has authored three books on value education and management.
In 1989, at the age of 30, Dr Chaudhry was the youngest professional CEO of a Public Sector Company in India. He earned accolades for turning around the ailing state owned Modern Food Industries. The plan for privatization of India's first state owned enterprise was presented to the Planning Commission of India by Dr. Chaudhry and set in motion the process of divestment of state owned companies in the country. Prior to that (1985-88) he was the head of corporate planning at RJR Nabisco/Britannia and following that President & CEO (1990-95) of NatOleo.
Dr. V.K. Singh
Surgeon Rear Admiral V.K. Singh, VSM (Retd.) MBBS, Masters in Hospital Administration , Diplomate National Board in Hospital and Health Care Management and M Phil. Served in Armed Forces Medical Services of India for 37 years in various National & International assignments. Had been to 27 countries on various assignments including heading delegations. Was awarded Vishisht Seva Medal (Distinguished Services Medal) for services at Zambia by the President of India and commendation of Govt. of Zambia. Served as Dy. Chief Medical Officer of United Nations. Has published many articles in National and International Journals and Chapters in various books, had been Editor in Chief of indexed journal. Had been organizer, chairperson and speaker of many National & International conferences. Was Adjunct Professor of Massachusetts Institute of Technology, (MIT) Zaragoza and is on Advisory board of many hospitals and visiting faculty as well as examiner of many reputed institutes and universities. Was Consultant of National Disaster Management Authority and has formulated national guidelines for disaster on mass management of casualties including due to CBRN and Biosafety. Was President and is Fellow of Academy of Hospital Administration, Founder Director of International Institute of Health Management Research, New Delhi. Conceived and executed Telemedicine project linking service hospitals of Jammu & Kashmir with Delhi.
Has trained assessors and set standards for National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare providers (NABH) of India. Attended training programme in JCI accreditation system and is Assessor of European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM). Had been Lead Assessor of ISO. Developed Health specific EFQM model released in India by Union Health Minister in Dec 2010.
As a senior professor teaching hospital designing and planning, quality principles, patient safety, hospital acquired infection, disaster planning, strategic management, rural health planning and other management issues. Has planned many large tertiary care facilities. Implemented projects in cutting down cost at planning and operational level of health facilities in India and abroad.
Presently is Chairman, Health care Division of Quality Council of India, Member of International Working Group on Biosafety, Executive Member of Telemedicine Society of India &, Member of National Health Committee of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Director Healthcare Asia for Lean Healthcare Excellence- Simpler.
Dr Aniruddha Malpani
Dr Aniruddha Malpani, MD Medical Director HELP – Health Education Library for People
Dr Aniruddha Malpani is an IVF specialist who passed out from Bombay University, winning over 20 gold medals during his academic career. His clinic at www.drmalpani.com attracts patients from all over the world. He also runs the world’s largest free patient education library, HELP , at www.healthlibrary.com. He has authored 4 books – How to Get the Best Medical Care -( www.thebestmedicalcare.com) ; Successful Medical Practise; How to Have a Baby and Using Information Therapy to Put Patients First – http://www.slideshare.net/malpani/using-information-therapy-to-p ut-patients-first
His passion is patient empowerment; and he believes that using Information Technology to deliver Information Therapy to patients can heal a sick healthcare system ( www.patientpower.in).
He has pioneered the use of innovative technology to educate infertile couples, using cartoon films , comic books and e-learning on his website, www.ivfindia.com. He has also setup a virtual IVF clinic on Second Life; and is exploring the use of IVR and SMS to educate infertile couples on their mobile.
He is an angel investor in Plus91 ( www.plus91.in) , a company which provides websites for doctors; and PEAS ( www.peasonline.com) , India’s market leader for creating digital media for patient education.
Pradeep is a software architect at Cerner Healthcare Solutions. He has over 10 years experience in healthcare information technology. What makes him unique is his commitment to the Healthcare domain. His undergraduate education in Medical Electronics engineering, graduate education in Medical Software, his technology related experiences in Healthcare Information Technology at Cerner Healthcare Solutions, and experience at Healthcare non-profit organizations enables him to understand the many cultural, political and economic challenges faced by healthcare systems around the world.
The Global Advisory board of DMAI comprises of industry leaders from across the Globe . Members include
Honorary Chairman Advisory Board: Blake T. Andersen, PhD
Blake Andersen has been a leader in chronic disease prevention & management, health psychology, and learning and organization performance from over 20 years . Dr. Andersen began his career as a clinician and founding partner of a Seattle medical center and later went on to serve as a clinical educator in health psychology and behavioural medicine—with a strong interest in health behaviour change, adherence support, and successful aging. He served on the clinical faculty of the University of South Florida’s (USF) College of Medicine (Division of Psychiatry & Behavioural Medicine) where he supervised physician residents.
He was also a faculty member with the USF Department of Gerontology. Later in his career, Dr. Andersen was a team leader with Andersen Business Consulting’s US Strategy, Organization and People (SOP) practice, where he led organization development, performance improvement, change management, and learning and development engagements for some of the largest health and service corporations in the US. He has also led or consulted on health care systems change projects for US and international government units - including states, provinces, and health ministries.
Dr. Andersen received his Ph.D. in Psychology in 1986 from the University of Missouri-Columbia. He went on to complete a post-doctoral residency at Western State Hospital in Tacoma and post-doctoral study in Health Psychology and Psychoneuroimmunology at the USF College of Medicine. Dr. Andersen has delivered keynote and development programs around the world on topics ranging from the practice and application of population health improvement, disease management and health coaching; health behaviour change facilitation; lifestyle change and treatment adherence; and regional, community and organizational health care performance improvement.
PROF. K.GANAPATHY M.Ch. (Neuro), FACS, FICS, FAMS Ph.D
- Former Secretary and Past President and,, Neurological Society of India,
- Former Secretary General Asian Australasian Society of Neurological Surgery 1999- 2007
- President Elect Indian Society of Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery
- President Elect Telemedicine Society of India
- Adjunct Professor, IIT & Anna University Chennai
- 35 years clinical teaching and operative experience
in neurosurgery in Chennai at Madras Medical, Stanley Medical
Colleges, Apollo Hospitals and Sundaram Medical Foundation
- Introduced Stereotactic Radiosurgery for the first time in South Asia in 1995
- First neurosurgeon from South Asia to be trained in Robotic Radiosurgery
- Honorary Consultant and Advisor in Neurosurgery Armed Forces Medical Services, 2001- 04
- Examiner & Inspector, NBE, Ministry of Health, Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Member Editorial Board 4 International and 3 national Journals
- First Neurosurgeon in India to get a Ph.D. in Neuroimaging (1990).
- Presented about 225 papers in National Conf & 75 in International Conferences
- Published about 200 scientific papers & chapters in books, besides about 50 articles in India’s leading daily newspaper “ The Hindu” and about 25 in national magazines.
- Guide and supervisor for the Ph.D in Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai,, Anna University M. Phil – Madurai Kamaraj University, M.Phil BITS, PILANI, MA hospital administration Stuart University Australia.
- Pioneer in introducing Clinical Telemedicine in India from 1999 onwards
- Founder Member Joint Secretary and Treasurer , Telemedicine Society of India. 2006 - 2009
- President, Apollo Telemedicine Networking. Foundation oldest and largest multispeciality Telemedicine Network in South Asia with 103 centres
- Member, National Task Force on Telemedicine, MoH, Govt of India
- Chairman Organising Committee Telemedcon 07
- Course director – Certificate course on Telehealth Technology Anna University.
- Pioneer in initiating pilot projects in m Health and using Telemedicine in Hospital on Wheels
Dr. R.P. Ilangho, MD, FRCP(Glasg), DTRD
Dr. R.P. Ilangho is the Vice-President (Medical) of BreatheEazy Clinic, for Apollo Hospitals Group. BreatheEazy Clinic is India’s first Disease Management Programme since 2003.Apollo Hospitals Group is a pioneer healthcare institution, which started from Chennai, India in 1983; and heralded the beginning of state-of-the Art Corporate medical care for India & adjoining countries(India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Ghana, Nigeria, Republic of Mauritius, Qatar, and Kuwait). Dr.Ilangho is a Senior Consultant in Respiratory Medicine and an Interventional Pulmonologist (Bronchoscopist) based out of Chennai, India since 1990.
He is unique in heading India`s first Disease Management Program, as a practicing doctor, for the last eight years. He has been a vital anchor in keeping alive Disease Management, donning an evangelical role, in the propagation of DM in India and globally; with a passionate zeal and futuristic vision.
He graduated from the prestigious Stanley Medical College, Chennai and has undergone his post- graduation in Respiratory Medicine from the legendary Madras Medical College – Institute of Thoracic Medicine, where he was the University (State) first rank holder in Respiratory Medicine. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, Glasgow, United Kingdom. He has a rich clinical experience in having worked in both the Indian government sector and private sectors. He has been a consultant at various corporate hospitals. He is the Executive Editor for `Apollo Hospital Proceedings`, a medical journal, since 2003. He is actively involved in the activities of the Indian Medical Association since 2001 and is presently the President of the Apollo-Thousand Lights Branch. He is the Academic Co-ordinator for Post Graduates in Respiratory Medicine at Apollo Hospitals since 2005, when the recognition for Diplomate in National Board (DNB) – equivalent to MD., was achieved. He lectures for other specialty DNB students including Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology since 2003. He is faculty for the course of Fellow in Emergency Medicine (FEM) since 2000, now changed to Diploma in Emergency Medicine (DEM). This is a joint venture with the Royal College of General Physicians, United Kingdom.
He has done international clinical research as a Principal Investigator in Clinical drug trials which were subject to the US Food and Drug Administration (US-FDA) audit. He is trained in ICH – GCP (International Conference on Harmonization – Regulations – Good Clinical Practices). He has published scientific articles – in national and international journals; and presented at and chaired sessions at various conferences. He is a Life-member of the Indian Chest Society, American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP) – USA – Indian Chapter; Indian Association of Bronchology, Association of Physicians of India, and Indian Critical Care Society. He has organized International Chest Meets and attended International Chest Conferences. He has given numerous live media talks on prime television and radio channels. He is keenly interested in global clinical research, synergizing western and eastern science.
He has actively contributed as a member of the Global Advisory Board of the Disease Management Association of India (DMAI), in terms of creating the first International population health management WIKI page creation, and presently for the review and revision of the Dictionary, work group assignment of assigned definitions of the 2nd edition of Disease Management terminology. He has also contributed with his ideas to the implementation of the Indian CCCP.
Dr.Ilangho is 100% sure that Disease Management with Wellness is the future of healthcare (with intense global research) and has dedicated his clinical career for the same!
Ravinder Singh is APAC Director of Solution consulting for Health Sciences at Oracle Corporation. He brings over 15 years of Healthcare Informatics experience and leadership across healthcare and life sciences to his work with customers and partners worldwide. Oracle is the world's leading supplier of enterprise software, with over $25B in revenues and over 100,000 employees.
Mr Ravinder Singh has extensive experience in working at strategic level on eHealth as well as Clinical Research providing IT enabled solutions to complex challenges of Health Sciences industry. Mr Singh brings in a holistic prospective to the Industry with his extensive experience in Drug development, clinical research, care provider and public/citizen health domains.
Prior to joining Oracle, Health Sciences division, Mr. Ravinder Singh provide solution consulting services on eHealth in EMEA region. Prior to Joining Oracle Mr. Singh worked an enterprise architect at Infosys.
Mr. Singh has been a speaker at numerous industry conferences worldwide.
Dr. Bhola Nath, MD, DNB, MIAPSM, DFM, PGDHHCM
- Working as Associate Professor in Public Health Specialty
- Has vast experience in academics and research in Public Health
- Experience of working in the field of Vaccination, Infectious diseases specially Tuberculosis, Technical Guidance for Disaster Management etc.
- Working as Editor-in-chief of “Indian Journal of Forensic Medicine and Community Medicine” and “Journal of Preventive Medicine and Holistic Health” from Innovative Publications, New Delhi.
- Membership- Indian Public Health Association (IPHA); Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine (IAPSM); Indian Society of Medical Statistics (ISMS)
- Has published more than 20 articles in national and international Journals.
Dr. Suresh Kumar Rathi
Professionally qualified Medical Epidemiologist and Skilled Researcher with wealthy experience of teaching and research.
Supported many reputed organizations and Medical Schools like International Clinical Epidemiology Network (INCLEN), St. John’s Research Institute and Centre for Global Health Research - CGHR for Million Death Study (one of the world’s largest prospective studies on premature mortality), C. U Shah Medical College, Sumandeep Vidyapeeth University, and currently Urban Health and Climate Resilience Centre - UHCRC (Climate Change and Health, City Vulnerability Assessment for climate stresses in relation to health, Heat Risk Reduction Strategy for Coastal Cities) in terms of myriad research areas and teaching.
His several scientific articles were published in peer-reviewed international as well as national journals Dr. Rathi’s seminal work on myriad areas of Public Health including Heat and Mortality, Verbal Autopsy, Tuberculosis, Tobacco, Diabetes reflected in his publications. His publications on scabies and tuberculosis were major contributions to public health research, and are highly cited.
Also worked with some of the stalwarts of Epidemiology and Public Health (Professor Vikas K Desai, Professor Prabhat Jha, and Professor Narendra K Arora) and handled variety of assignments/project across all areas of Epidemiology in diverse situations.
Specializes in maximizing the project output and timely completion of the task with minimal resources and efficient control over staff.
Founder member of Urban Health Society of India.
Reviewer of Journals like
- Bulletin of World Health Organization
- Journal of Clinical Epidemiology and Global Health
- Healthline Official Journal of Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine (IAPSM)-Gujarat Chapter